Registro de dominios is the process of buying or obtaining a domain name from a domain registrar. A domain identifies one or more IP addresses with a name that is easy to remember and use in URL to identify a specific website or a web page. In simpler terms, a domain name is your website name. Internet users can access your website through domain name.
A domain name can consist any combination of letters and/or numbers and can be used in combination with various domain name extensions like .com, .net, .org, etc. No two domain names can be the same. Each website has a unique domain name.
Instructions for registro de dominios
- Think of a few good domain names you would like to use. Think of more than one because there’s a possibility that your choice might already be in use.
- If the name is available, you will have to select the domain extension like .com, .org, .net, .biz etc.
- Then, you will have to select the period you want to reserve your name for. You can buy them in year-long increments for up to maximum period of 10 years.
- You will need a credit card or a PayPal account to pay for the domain name of your choice. Almost all the domain registrars require it.
- Once you have paid for registro de dominios, you own that name.
Benefits of registro de dominios
- Your domain name is your online identity.
- It helps people to find you easily.
- It is an advertisement medium and does not require major investment like other medium of advertisements do.
- It contributes in creating and promoting a business and company identity on the internet.
- It establishes a point of contact where customers can contact the company.
List of domain name registrars
There are several domain name registrars in the market. But there are few who are more famous than others. Below are few of the most famous ones:
- GoDaddy: this is the most popular domain registrar today. They offer .com domain names for $9.99 per year.
- 1&1 internet: it is primarily a web host that is also a domain name registrar. They charge differently for different domain suffixes or extensions.
- Namecheap: This registrar provides .com domains for $10.69 per year.
registro de dominios is great if you want to start up a business or build your online identity. It is also the cheapest form of advertisement there is. If you are looking forward to start a business, registro de dominios is the way to go.